Having a good reputation is vital to the success of your towing business as this is what the customers will talk about when they meet someone who requires towing services. For a towing business to thrive, every effort must be put in place to ensure that every customer who contacts you for a service is contented with the quality of the services offered. Here is a simple guide on how you can get your clients speaking positively about your towing company:
- Make a good first impression: When a customer contacts you for a towing service, ensure that you make your first contact memorable. Greeting them with a smile and letting them know your name is a good introduction that will make the customer have faith in you.
- Get to the customer within the agreed time: When you are called upon to provide towing services, ensure that you arrive within the agreed time. Do not make promises that you will not be able to keep as this will make the client lose faith in your company.
- Be sympathetic: When a person is in a situation where he will require towing services, he may not be in the right frame of mind and may even snap at you when you try to get a conversation going. It will be prudent to ignore any negative comment from the customer and focus on doing your job. Putting yourself in the shoes of the client who needs the service will make it easier to handle anything the customer may say to you, however negative.
- Be neat and presentable: As the tow driver, it is important to note that you are the reflection of your towing company and your appearance matters a lot. You should have a change of clothing in your towing truck and some water that you will use in cleaning your hands once a job has been completed. No customer will have faith in a tow driver who still has the dirt accumulated from his previous job.
- Keep the towing truck tidy: At times, you may need to give your client a ride and it will not be very pleasant when he gets in and find a lot of trash in the cabin. This will ruin your good image as the customer may get to the conclusion that you are not organized.
- Ensure that your ID is visible to the customers: To assure the customer that you are conducting a transparent business, it is important to let them see the details in your ID document.
- Ensure that there is clear communication with the driver of the towed vehicle: You should encourage the driver of the vehicle being towed to keep updating you about the condition of the vehicle in the towing process. This will ensure that any incidence is handled on time so that you can prevent further damage to the towed vehicle.
Dealing with a person who is going through a stressful situation requires a lot of patience and a positive attitude. Even when the situation demands otherwise, keep smiling as this is what will make the customer contact you the next time he will need towing services.